Angkor Uncovered (Small Group Tour)
- Duration : 8 Hours (approx.)
- Product code : ANUN
This tour stars with the beautiful Ta Prohm temple where massive tree roots and ancient temple stones entwine; at this time off the morning there are less people around, so you can take your time and get some great photos. Visit the amazing Angkor Wat, and the many temples located within the ancient city of Angkor Thom. Experience the incredible Bayon adorned with smiling stone faces, the incredible terrace of the Leper King, Elephant Terrace and many other incredible sites. Our guides make an extra effort to get you away from the hordes of travellers, and explore some of the smaller, more peaceful paths through the temples.
Explore the ancient walled city and visit the mystical Bayon temple adorned with smiling faces. Journey through the jungle to the famous Bayon which is now everyone’s favorite site. Surrounded by hundred of smiling faces in stone, the temple is definitely stunning and mysterious.
We head further into the temple complex visiting Baphoun, a pyramid-temple mountain consecrated to God Shiva, Elephant and leper king terraces, the royal temple of Phimean Naga and the serene Preah Pithu groups of smaller temples. Enjoy a walk on the ancient walls of this city and relax with a hot Cambodian style picnic lunch is provided in a shaded area.
Following Angkor Thom we head to the jewel of the Khmer Empire and visit the amazing Angkor Wat. The amazing temples of Angkor were constructed to express the wealth and power of the Khmer Empire at the time’. Many stone inscriptions describing the foundations of the temple have been found but Khmers left no word to tell how this great empire collapsed. Come and dig out some secrets of Angkor with our experienced guide, reveal the stories and legends behind the sandstone carved bas-reliefs, gables and lintels. Stroll around this massive monument to admire the Khmer architectural masterpiece and engineering.
What to Wear
The sandy soil on the steps of the temples can create quite a slip hazard. We strongly suggest you wear sturdy footwear. Many parts of the temple areas are exposed, please wear protective clothing, hat and sunscreen.
- Strict Dress Codes are applied when visiting Angkor Wat - access to upper levels will not be granted if shoulders or knees are exposed. You must cover up with clothing items - a scarf or sarong will not be accepted.
- Cambodian culture is conservative and revealing clothing is not appopriate for the temples. Please be respectful of Cambodia's culture and avoid wearing anything too revealing.
- Please let us know at the time of booking if you require a vegetarian meal
- Water is provided throughout the tour
- Hot Cambodian style lunch is included
- This tour requires a valid Angkor Temple Pass which is not included in the tour price. If you don't already have one, don't worry; our guide will stop on the way to the temple complex so you can purchase one. The price is $37usd for one day or $62usd for 3 days, cash payment only.