Escaping the Crowds (Private Tour)
- Duration: 8 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Siem Reap, Siem Reap
- Product code: ESCR2
Escaping the Crowds - A true adventure! (Private Tour)
This is the adventure you have been looking for! Escaping the Crowds takes you away from the big tour groups, tour buses, swarms of remorks and hordes of tourists; and whisks you away on an adventure into the countryside and the real Cambodia.
The focus of 'Escaping' is more about experiencing the real Cambodia and less about the history of the great Kingdoms past. Our knowledgeable guide has more than enough information to keep you entertained and to answer all of your questions. However on this tour, we want to give you the freedom to explore small villages, lush jungle and the crumbling ruins of once majestic temples. Escaping allows you to get up close and personal with the real Cambodia.
Stroll through a beautiful village, visit the local market and taste the most famous noodle soup in Cambodia and learn how it’s made! Meander through the rice fields, passing Ibis and buffalo to discover a remote temple ruin.
Visit Chau Srei Vibol, a small charming temple on top of a hill which hardly sees any visitors - very few non-locals have heard of it, and it is set just far enough away from the main tourist routes. The central sanctuary has not been restored and is in a ruinous state but this is one of the main attractions of the site.
Lunch supports a Community eco-tourism initiative at a beautiful reservoir, and a popular picnic spot for locals.
Afternoon discover the jungle temple of Beng Melea from the ‘hidden gate’. Finish the day learning a little about Buddhism in remote communities with a monk-chat at a local Buddhist pagoda.
* Escape the Crowds and explore the real Cambodia!
* Learn about food, temples, culture, beliefs and daily life
* Experienced guides
* 9:00am departure - 5:00pm return (approx)
* Hotel pick up and drop off
* Expert, licensed English speaking guide
* Private A/C transport
* Lunch, snacks, bottled water, cold towels
* Angkor temple passes are required for this tour (obtainable on the day if you haven't got one)
* Personal expenses and tipping (not compulsory)
Responsible Tourism and local community payback:
* Contribution to Trav Kod Community eco-tourism site
* Donation to monks at Wat Somlaung
* NO scams or shopping stops!